Monday, August 25, 2008

And, a WEIGH we go!

Went to the gym for the first time since I got the membership. I drug my son along, begrudgingly. He ran 4.5 miles, and I'm pretty sure he enjoyed himself. I walked on the tread mill, no where near his speed. But, I enjoyed myself too.



My husband and I came up with a few "inspirational" motivators. 1). If I go the gym 3 days a week, he'll get me flowers every week. 2). If I go the the gym or work out 5 days a week, he'll get me my FAVORITE flowers every week. 3). WHEN I lose 50 pounds, I get cross country skis. 4). WHEN I lose 80 pounds, I get a shopping spree for a new wardrobe. 5). WHEN I beat him to losing 20 pounds first, I get the North Face jacket I've been salivating over (yes, one can salivate over non edible items). I know, I know, my hubby should be getting me flowers anyway, but he gets me other things, like ice cream and chocolate now, so I'd rather have the flowers!



I'm off to walk on the tread mill. The food changes are coming, slowly but surely, and I'm going to join Weight Watchers tomorrow. I want to be one of those inspirational stories on their website!

No comments: