Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What they don't know will help them!

My son has his final performance for Anchorage Jr. Youth Symphony this Friday. We are supposed to bring a dessert to share. I'm doing so well eating clean that I don't want to blow it by being tempted to eat all the sugar laiden sweets I know will be at the party after the performance. So, I turned to my handy Clean Eating magazine for the recipe for the yummy looking chocolate cupcakes that grace the cover of the latest edition. The May/June 2009 'sinful low-cal dessert' is chocolate sour cream cupcakes. Also in the May/June edition is a recipe for 'baby cakes' hidden gem cupcakes that have fruit centers. I'm going to make a batch of each kind tonight, just to make sure they don't taste like shoe leather. I want to provide a healthier alternative for myself and others at the party, but I don't want them to know they are eating something healthier!

No comments: