Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Rice Milk and Steel Cut Oats

So far, so good! I've lost 7 1/2 pounds so far, and it's only been a week since I've been eating healthier.

No, I haven't followed the diet to a "t." I even let myself have a break on Christmas and had rice milk "ice cream" and tasted the prime rib that Alex made for Christmas dinner. All in all though, I'm darn proud of myself and feel great! I can tell that my body is doing better too. I haven't had any stomach aches when I eat like I did before, except yesterday after I ate the prime rib and potatoes. I awoke this morning with a lovely "sour stomach" and felt horrid. I know it's from eating the meat and the potatoes, and from drinking the wine with dinner (who can resist Châteauneuf-du-Pape? Certainly not me!).

One of my favorite things has to be a fruit smoothy I made yesterday. I blended frozen mango, frozen strawberries, frozen blackberries, a banana, a soya blueberry yogurt, about 1/2 - 3/4 a cup of rice milk, about 2 - 3 tablespoons of oat bran and about 2 tablespoons of ground hemp seeds in a blender. It made enough for 2 large glasses to hold, but I drank it all myself. It was WONDERFUL!

One thing I found I wasn't especially fond of was the Amy's brand vegetable pizza. The sauce tastes funny, and the picture of the pizza on the front of the box definitely was not a pictoral representation of the "pizza" I found on the inside. The pizza on the box was covered with artichoke hearts and halfed cherry tomatoes and crushed garlic on a spicy tomato sauce. The actual pizza looked like what my dog brings back up after eating dog food then drinking too much water too quickly. Next time I have a hankering for vegetable pizza, I definitely intend to make it myself.

While the kids and Alex got chocolate in their stockings for Christmas, I got a "Clean Eating" magazine, a "Crochet" magazine and a Pad Thai with Tofu boxed lunch. I'm ok with my stocking stuffers! The Pad Thai with Tofu was my lunch today, and it was exceptionally good. I'll have to find a few tasty recipes for tofu after these 11 weeks are over.

I am very proud of myself for doing so well on this new eating style. I don't feel like I'm starving at all. Actually, most of the time I feel completely satisfied to slightly full. I did switch up the quinoa I usually have for breakfast for steel cut oats and rice milk this morning. Alex (after eating the prime rib last night he too woke up with a stomach ache) decided he wanted them for breakfast, but I had him make mine without the brown sugar and cinnamon he poured on his. They were good, and a nice change to the quinoa.

Onward and upward! Or, as I told Alex this morning, "don't settle for almost good enough." I'm not settling in my life, or my diet, anymore. I'll keep going till I reach my best me, and then do what is required to stay there! I deserve the best!

No comments: