Monday, April 28, 2008

Uhhhhhhh... I can't come up with any good excuses

Wow, no weight lost, my wedding occurring in less than 7 weeks, and I'm trying to come up with really good excuses as to why. Hmmmm still thinking... Nope, I've got nothin'.

The only good thing about getting married in Alaska is that doing "out of the ordinary" here is almost expected. So, we are hiking to our favorite spot above Girdwood, AK, and getting married on the bridge over Winner Creek. That means, no dress, no heels, no wedding veil, no tossing the bouquet, no stress over not making weight and trying to vaseline my way into a dress there's no chance in hell I'd fit into now. My wedding pics will be filled of me in my signature red Merrill hiking boots and baggy shorts, sporting my camelbak hydration pack.

Pics or no pics, dress or no dress, I've still got to lose the weight. It's getting in the way of me enjoying my summer, my future marriage, my life! I don't have the energy to fill my weekends with activity. I know my hiney sure won't fit in a kayak if we pull them out in the next 3 weeks, and I DO have to actually be capable of finishing the hike in order to get married! I know he's not going to be able to carry me across the threshhold... asking him to carry me up the mountain is totally out of the question.

ARGH... where are those magic pills on the infomercials? Why haven't I heard about them on the Discovery Health channel? Why hasn't the news been reporting on the miracle of the "take it off in a day with no effort" pill that magically and effortlessly makes one thin overnight just by taking it before bedtime? OH, I remember... cause it doesn't EXIST!

I know it's all about me and the effort I put in. So far, no good.

I could go on about how I'm going to do better, how I'm committed to change my eating habits... but I have a sticker that I've had since high school that says it all... "People may not believe what you say, but they'll always believe what you do." So, I'll keep my lips shut, and just write about my actions from now on, triumphiant and not so wonderful, and then my actions speak for me as to my determination and commitment, or lack thereof.

Tomorrow is another day... thank god for tomorrows.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Hey, I'm with you on this diet adventure! I love Quina (sp?) I can't believe you started during the holidays, that is always my excuse to wait until January! Usually we've ate and drank so much during the holidays we look forward to our annual detoxing, and we always manage to keep a few good habits along the way, except I always manage to gain the weight back.....sugar, the enemy, if only I could get it out of my diet...keep up the good work and keep me posted!